Hover over the image above to enlarge and explore
St. Ermin's is located at the very heart of central London, nestled in a quiet courtyard set back from the bustling streets of Westminster. This four star deluxe hotel is conveniently located for guests wishing to visit London’s top tourist attractions including: Buckingham Palace, The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and St. James's and Green Park.
St James’s Park underground station, is only 100 metres away allowing guests to explore the whole of London. The hotel is ideally placed for business travellers who are visiting meetings and events, as London’s major conference centres are all in close proximity.
- Parliament (walking distance)
- The London Eye (walking distance)
- Queen Elizabeth Conference Centre (walking distance)
- Royal Horticultural Halls (five-minute walk)
- Church House Conference Centre (five-minute walk)
- Victoria Station (five-minute walk, – home of the Gatwick Express, 30 minutes shuttle service )
- St. James’s Park Underground (Tube) Station (walking distance)
- Park Lane, Oxford St & Mayfair (0.5 miles)
- London Cycle Scheme Closest docking station for bike hire is on Broadway, just outside the hotel
- Knightsbridge (0.5 miles)
- Earls Court & Olympia Exhibition Halls (4 tube stops on the District Line)
- City of London (4 stops to Blackfriars Tube Station)
- Paddington Station, 8 stops to the rail terminus for the west including the “Heathrow Express”, 15 minutes to Heathrow airport.
- London ExCel, London’s largest exhibition centre is easily accessible by riverboat from Westminster Pier, which is a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Major London Historical monuments, in walking distance from St. Ermin’sBuckingham Palace - The home of the Queen of England, this enormous stately home boasts treasures from centuries of British history and unrivalled grounds, however it is only open to the public between July and October.
The Houses of Parliament - The seat of the United Kingdom parliament and World Heritage site, it is also home to one of the world’s most famous clocks – Big Ben.
Westminster Abbey - Founded in 960, this historical place of worship has been the venue of the coronation of the British Monarchy since William the Conqueror in 1066.
St James’s Park and Green Park - St James’s Park is the oldest of the Royal Parks of London, it is bounded by Buckingham Palace to the west, The Mall and St. James’s Palace to the North, Horse Guards Parade to the east and Birdcage Walk to the south.
Green Park is made up mainly of wooded meadows and is the perfect spot for picnics and relaxing in the open air.
Popular London attractions close to St. Ermin’sTower Bridge - The iconic 19th century bridge located by the Tower of London near the City of London is decorated with high towers and features a dramatic drawbridge.
Tower of London - London’s original royal fortress by the Thames which is over 900 years old, it contains the Crown Jewels and is guarded by Beefeaters.
St. Paul’s Cathedral - Built after the 1666 Great Fire of London, it has an impressive interior, but its huge dome is its most unique and memorable feature.
The London Eye - Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, 135-metre (443 ft) is situated on the banks of the River Thames. A trip on the London Eye will afford visitors with a unique view over London’s horizon.
The City of London - This small area within central London, just over one square mile, is home to the capital’s financial district and some of London’s most historically interesting buildings. The City can be reached via St James’s underground, alight after four stops at Blackfriars.
Museums in London
- British Museum
- Imperial War Museum
- Natural History Museum
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Science Museum
Exhibitions/ Art Galleries
- National Art Gallery
- Tate Britain
- Tate Modern
Cultural Tourist Attractions in London
- West End theatre
- Classical music concerts
- Ballet and modern dance
- Walking tours
- Open top sightseeing bus tours
Shopping in London
- Bond Street – designer boutiques
- Knightsbridge – Harrods and Harvey Nicholls
- Notting Hill – destination boutiques and Portobello road market
- Oxford Street – Selfridges
- Sloane Square and King's Road – high-end shopping